Saturday 8 December 2012

Netherland Tulips named after Aishwarya Rai

 
Bollywood beauty Aishwarya Rai , inarguably one of the most beautiful women in the world, was honoured by The Netherlands, which in 2005 named a special variety of the tulip flower after her.Tulips at the Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands are named after Aishwarya Rai. Hans van Driem, Managing Director, Netherlands Board of Tourism said that the tulips were a celebration of Rai's beauty.


"Herewith I give you the Tulip - the symbol of the tourist destination Holland. This tulip represents all the beautiful things of Holland. This tulip will be named after one of the most beautiful women in the world - Aishwarya Rai," van Driem intoned before sprinkling the pink tulips with champagne in 2005 while announcing the rare honour for Aishwarya Rai.

 
Here is the video clip of the moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN1WcmKAmmU

5 comments:

  1. You are really great friend! I have just finished to watch Travel Channel about Holland (about bicycles, windmills, canals, cheese and of course flowers there)....but I knew it from your blog and photos earlier hahahaha.
    If you are interested in witches, open this site pls and read about Witches' Weigh House. I think next time you can visit this place...

    http://www.planetware.com/netherlands/gouda-surroundings-nl-zh-14.htm

    Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was an interesting piece of information ana. I never knew witches have something to do with weights ..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. now you know it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sir
    Sir I am karan Sir I want All Complete Details Of Aishwarya Rai For my new Project like Aishwarya Rai House Address , Images , House Before & After Marriage .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

BALI THE TOURIST PARADISE -II

I have given a brief account of my Balinese food , culture, Dos and Donts in Bali and beautiful Bali temples. In this blog , I will give de...